JSPEC Roofing Technologies Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Please check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Visitors to our website:
Cookies are pieces of information that a web site transfers to an individual’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies allow JSPEC Roofing Technologies Ltd to recognize you and information about you that aids in our ability to meet your business needs when you reenter the Site. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. Typically, however, you may configure your browser to refuse all cookies or notify you when a cookie is being sent.
- To estimate the size of our audience. Each browser accessing the Site is given a unique cookie which is then used to determine the size of our audience and the extent of repeat usage.
- To track visitor trends and patterns. We use the information provided by cookies to improve, update and revise the features offered by JSPEC Roofing Technologies Ltd. This, we believe, will provide our visitors with more useful content and services.
More information about cookies can be viewed here http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies
People who email us
We do not store details in a database. Email programs may store details in an ‘auto complete’ function when we reply to you. We monitor emails sent and received for viruses and malware. This ensures we do our best to ensure your information is protected. Emails are not secure unless YOU have implemented email encryption however unless the receiving party has the same encryption emails can be intercepted by a third party.
Information we collect and how it is used:
When you contact us via the website, JSPEC Roofing Technologies Ltd may collect the following information:
- Name and Company name.
- Contact information including email address and telephone number.
- Anything you type into the ‘message’ box.
We need this for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- If required, we may contact you about your message.
Where enquiries are submitted to us we will only use the information supplied to us to deal with the enquiry and any subsequent issues and to check on the level of service we provide. We will not use your information for marketing purposes without your consent. We will not sell, distribute or release your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
People who contact us via social media
How long we keep your information:
- Information regarding accounts is kept for 10 years after the last transaction.
- Other client data is kept for 2 years after the last transaction.
- Employee data is kept for 2 years after the last worked day.
Keeping your information safe:
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Please note that once you have left our site, the protection and privacy of any information which you provide on such sites are not governed by this privacy statement and we are not responsible for the protection of such data. Please refer to their Privacy Statement for more information
Controlling your personal information:
As stipulated in the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) you may request the following:
- Details of the data we hold on you.
- Correcting or adding to the data we hold on you.
- Restrict access to the data we hold on you.
- Deleting the data, we hold on you.
To request any of the above, please write to:
JSPEC Roofing Technologies Ltd.
Suite 2, The Barn
People who make a complaint to us:
When we receive a complaint from a person we make up a file containing the details of the complaint. This normally contains the identity of the complainant and any other individuals involved in the complaint.
We will only use the personal information we collect to process the complaint and to check on the level of service we provide.
We usually have to disclose the complainant’s identity to whoever the complaint is about. This is inevitable where, for example, the accuracy of a person’s record is in dispute. If a complainant doesn’t want information identifying him or her to be disclosed, we will try to respect that. However, it may not be possible to handle a complaint on an anonymous basis.
We will keep personal information contained in complaint files in line with our retention policy. This means that information relating to a complaint will be retained for two years from closure. It will be retained in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted according to the ‘need to know’ principle.
If you are still unsatisfied with the way JSPEC Roofing Technologies Ltd has handled your data, the ICO is the UK's independent body set up to uphold information rights. Please visit https://ico.org.uk for more information.